6 ways social media is changing the world
April 2019Worldwide, billions of us use social media every day, and it keeps growing. We use it for every part of our lives, for entertainment, work, in our personal relationships and with studies. Our growing love for social media is not only changing the world but also has an impact on the way we communicate. Here are six ways social media has impacted the changing of the world.
1. Across the industries, social media has become an essential component of any business strategy. Social media skills are no longer considered a niche, and solely the responsibility of a small team. Infact, social media affects the way organisations are run.
2. Social Media platforms may become the banks of the future Imagine being able to pay your rent or make an investment through your favourite social network. Well… it might not be so far off. According to Richard Eldridge of Lenddo. “Social media is transforming banking relationships in very significant ways, from improving customer service to allowing users to send money to others via online platforms. New financial technology companies are using social media to help people simply open a bank account. Social media can even impact your ability to get a loan.”
3. Social Media is shaking up healthcare and public health The health industry is already in the process of using social media, changing how it works, whether through health campaigns or via virtual doctors over skype. It has also encouraged groups of people suffering from the same conditions to stay in touch.
4. Social media is changing how we govern and are governed Social Media allows society to source ideas, plans and initiatives in an easier way. Civic participation and engagement has transformed with social media. We can see that more and more leaders are using social media to interact with their following. To spread out their concerns and regulations.
5. Social Media is assisting us to better respond to disasters. When disasters happen, social media is the first place we find out. We tend to learn about the world through social media, as it is the first place we go to when we want to to share with the world. Social medias like Facebook have implemented safety check. To mark as safe or allow users to go not where to go.
6. Social Media is helping us tackle some of the world’s biggest challenges, human rights and violations to climate change. Social media has tackled some of the worldsbiggest challenges, in 2018 Australia said yes to sexual equality. Awarenesses, like gender equality is raised and new studies.